Took a small hiatus from the blog as my laptop broke and finding a place to live/job took priority after moving to New Zealand!
Here’s a travel post from Hong Kong back in July. The first set of images are all from Lantau Island where you can visit the Tian Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery – they are both amazing. You can get to the Big Buddha by taking the cable car that connects Ngong Ping plateau with the town of Tung Chung. The place is crawling with tourists but still managed to get some nice photos.
I was only in Hong Kong for only 5 nights but managed to fit loads in – due no doubt to my fantastic host (you know who you are!) Here’s a list of the main things we got up to:
- Tried out the 21st floor bar at the Ritz Carlton and would have enjoyed fantastic views if it weren’t for the rain!
- Tasted yummy Dim Sum and Peking Duck
- Checked out the cool street art in Soho
- Had a beach day at Cheung Chau (and nearly passed out from the heat & hangover :p )
- Traveled to Victoria Peak to see stunning views of Hong Kong by night
- Took a ferry ride around Tai O island to see the houses on stilts
- Made a day trip to Macau to check out the Portuguese architecture and facade of St. Paul’s cathedral
- Tasted cocktails at two amazing rooftop bars; Wooloomooloo and Eyebar
- Visited the botanical gardens in the middle of Hong Kong to get a break from the concrete jungle
Here are some more photos of the best bits 🙂